This could go either way. If you recognise all of the 19 situations below and can tick them off then you could be a workout legend. On the other hand, perhaps you’re just a gym rat obsessive!
Back in the 1990s when I was in the middle of a full-on-get-big-crusade, I checked off all but three of these. Now I have just one to conquer. How many look familiar to you and are there any more that need adding to the list? Let me know!
You know you’re a workout legend when:
- Your’re trying to find a gym that’s open on Christmas Eve, because it’s not a rest day.
- You’re drinking tuna blended into a pint of apple juice.
- You try to sleep on your lunch break so you produce more growth hormone.
- You pushed so much food down your throat in one sitting that you puked it all out again and all you could think about was the waste of calories.
- You do five sets of 100 calf raises and have to walk on your tip toes for three days.
- You’ve given up alcohol for at least six months “because it’s catabolic”.
- You can’t fit your thighs into trousers and have to buy a waist size that’s way too big, just so you can get your legs in.
- You’ve turned a door handle and snapped it clean off “accidentally”.
- You long for leg day.
- You’ve forgotten what white bread tastes like.
- Your shirts are starting to gape between the button holes.
- You can do a 10 rep set of Bruce Lee’s Dragon Flag exercise.
- You can draw the chemical structure of at least three amino acids.
- You have become completely disillusioned by the inaccuracy of body fat measurement devices.
- Rest days scare you.
- You have body measurement and weight charts that you fill in every two weeks.
- You have before and after photos for most exercise programmes that you’ve undertaken, with notes on how you performed on each one.
- You have an old ring binder with all your workout sessions going back for years.
- You have a photo of yourself shaking hands with an IFBB pro.
Did you enjoy this post?
If you found this post useful and think others would benefit from reading it too, it would make me proper happy if you shared it using the share icons below – thank you, it is very much appreciated.
If you have any questions or comments that you would like to ask or share, please comment below.
Original image courtesy of Spideyprl and modified by me